- Gitzen, R.A., J.L. Belant, J.J.Millspaugh, S.T. Wong, A.J. Hearn, J. Ross. 2013. Effective use of radio telemetry for studying tropical carnivores. The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology: 28: 67-83.
- Fredriksson, G., Steinmetz, R., Wong, S.T. & Garshelis, D.L. 2008. Helarctos malayanus. In: IUCN 2009. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2009.1. <www.iucnredlist.org>.
- Wong, S.T. 2006. The Status of Malayan Sun Bears in Malaysia. Pp 66-72 in Japan Bear Network (compiler). 2006. Understanding Asian bears to secure their future. Japan Bear Network, Ibakari, Japan 145 pp
- Wong, S.T., Servheen, C., Ambu, L., Norhayati, A. 2005. Impacts of fruit production cycles on Malayan sun bears and bearded pigs in lowland tropical forest of Sabah, Malaysian Borneo. Journal of Tropical Ecology 21:627–639.
- Wong, S. T., Servheen, C. & Ambu, L. 2004. Home range, movement and activity patterns, and bedding sites of Malayan sun bears Helarctos malayanus in the Rainforest of Borneo. Biological Conservation. 119:169-181. [SCI].
- Wong, S.T., C. Servheen, & L. Ambu. 2002. Food habits of Malayan sun bears in lowland tropical forest of Borneo. Ursus. 13:127-136. [SCI]
- Wong, S. T. 2010. Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre in Malaysia Borneo. International Bear News. 19(1):18-19.
- Wong, S. 2009. Sun Bear: The Forgotten Bear. Society & Environment. A monthly magazine published by Zayed International Prize for the Environment. July 2009: 40-42.
- Wong S.T. & G. Fredriksson. 2006. Sun Bear Adventure Journal. EWCL. 34 pp.
- Wong, S.T. & C. Servheen. 2005.The Bornean Sun Bear and Bearded Pig Research and Conservation Project- a new field project to study the effects of selective logging on Malayan sun bears and bearded pigs in Borneo. International Bear News. 14(4):24.
- Wong, S.T. & C. Servheen. 2005. New field project to study the effects of selective logging on bearded pigs and sun bears in Borneo. Suiform Soundings. Peccaries, Pigs, and Hippos Specialists Group Newsletter. 5(1):30.
- Wong, S.T. 2003. Dances with sun bears. Malayan Naturalist. 56(3): 20-25.
- Wong, S.T. 2003. Sun bear research on the web. International Bear News. 12(2):9.
- Wong, S. T. and C. Servheen. 1999. Malaysia Malayan Sun bear Ecology. International Bear News. 8(3):11-12.
- Fruit feeding trials to understand the role of sun bears in seed dispersal. Ongoing Efforts to Understand the Role of Large-Bodied Seed Dispersers in Tropical Asia
- The University of Nottingham, Kingsborough Community College and BSBCC
- Thermoregulation and Activity Profile of Sun Bears in Captivity at Bornean Sun Bear Conservation centre
- University of Sunshine Coast and BSBCC
- Developing a Sun Bear Conservation Research Action Plan towards sustainable re-introductions of Bornean sun bears into the forest
- University of Portsmouth and BSBCC
- Landscape characteristics associated with the population genetic structure, of sun bears (Helarctos malayanus) in peninsular Malaysia
- Sunway University and BSBCC
- Ex-situ and In-situ Conservation Approach for the Malayan Sun Bear (Helarctos malayanus)
- Griffith University, Danau Girang Field Centre and BSBCC.
- Management of Malayan sun bear in Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, Sepilok Sandakan Sabah, with emphasis on deworming programme
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) and BSBCC
- Supporting threatened sun bears by enhancing rehabilitation and behavioral assessment efforts of captive animals in Borneo
- San Diego Zoo and BSBCC
- Enhancing volunteer tourism’s positive effects on orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus) and sun bear (Helarctos malayanus) conservation and the volunteer experience in Malaysia and Indonesia
- Sabah Wildlife Department, Oxford Brookes University and BSBCC
- The adaptation and movement patterns of reintroduction of rehab sun bear in lowland tropical rainforest of Sabah
- Sabah Wildlife Department, Danau Girang Field Centre, Oxford Brookes University and BSBCC.
- Observations in behavioral patterns of Bornean sun bears (Helarctos malayanus euryspilus) in rehabilitation center tropical rainforest reserve in Sabah, Borneo
- Oregon State State University and BSBCC
Have a question or comment? We welcome all enquiries, so please get in touch from any of the methods below:
Write to us at our
PPM 219, Elopura,
90000 Sandakan, Sabah,