Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre Facebook
Once you have "liked" the page you can see the photo of prizes under the photos link at the left side of the page under the profile picture. The file with prizes is labeled "Prizes for the Fundraiser."
You can also find the link to the causes page where you can donate under the tab labeled "info", or by clicking this link to follow, Wishes Causes for the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre.
ONE IMPORTANT POINT, When you donate an item it will also be your responsibility to pay the postage for mailing the item out to the winner.
- Take a picture of the prize'prizes you wish to donate. For more than one prize photograph them individually unless you intend that they be given together;
- Write a brief description of each item (EX. 14K gold bear claw earrings with diamond center stone);
- State how many of each item you will be donating;
- Give your name, email address or home address AND THE APPROXIMATE VALUE OF THE ITEMS DONATED , so that LEAP can send you a tax receipt.
Other donations that do not require a tax exempt confirmation
- Take a picture of the prize'prizes you wish to donate. For more than one prize photograph them individually unless you intend that they be given together.
- Write a brief description of each item (EX. 14K gold bear claw earrings with diamond center stone)
- State how many of each item you will be donating.
- Give your name, AND email address
- Donations must be made at Wishes Causes for the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre.;
- For every $5 donation, your name will be placed into the drawing (HAT) once. So if you give $100 you would be entered 20 times;
- When your name is drawn from the "hat" and you are awarded a prize, only that slip of paper will be removed from the "hat." So if you had your name in 20 times and you win one item, you name would still remain in the "hat" 19 times and so on, removing one name each time you win;
- Prizes will be posted in an album entitled PRIZES. There will be a picture of each prize (unless there are last minute donations. at which time those prizes will be posted on the wall during the fundraiser), a brief description, the name of the person donating, and the number of each item that will be awarded;
- One prize (unless otherwise stated, such as a jewelery set) will be awarded to each person whose name is drawn;
- Once a prize is won, the person who donated the prize will be notified as to the name of the winner and an email address. The person donating the prize will then mail the prize to the winner;
- Those drawing names of prize winners will not be eligible for ANY prizes ( Sheri and Wendy Reese);
- Donations made from February 21, 2011, at Wishes Causes for the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre. through June 11-12 will be entered for the drawing. A cut off time will be announced for the last donation, sometime before the last prize drawing.
The link for saying you will attend, not attend, etc is at the following link. However, you may still attend. This is just a reminder system. If you would also send out event invitations to your friends, it would be very helpful. We need to get to 600 friends before the Fundraiser. We made a huge headway with over 200 in our first week, but now things are slowing down and we NEED everyone help to make this a success.
Online fundraiser party weekend, Saturday, June 11 at 9:00amSun Bears are our Forgotten Bear Species. A lot of people do not know they even exist. They meet with some of the same fates as the Moon Bears. They are poached for their gall bladders and feet. They are also, poached because they are the smallest of the bears and they go into homes as pets, where they usually end up in tiny cages after the baby cuteness is gone. Sun Bears are arboreal and with the demise of much of the rain forest, they are losing their habitat.
Let's STOP the Sun Bear From Becoming the Forgotten Species!Let's help save them on June 11-12